Ultrasensitive sequencing for the detection of low abundant mutant DNA
Plasma-Sequencing (Plasma-Seq) is a unique approach combining next generation sequencing technology with Sysmex Inostics expertise for highly sensitive mutation detection in plasma DNA.
- The Plasma-Seq technology has an average sensitivity for rare variants around 0.02%
- Plasma-Seq allows quantification of absolute abundance of normal and mutant alleles
- Multiplex amplification offers flexibility to combine different target regions
- Discovery of de novo mutations possible
- Plasma-Seq works without enrichment of mutant or depletion of wild-type DNA molecules
Key features of Plasma-Seq
- Assignment of a unique identifier (UID) to each DNA molecule to be analyzed
- Amplification and deep sequencing of universally tagged DNA molecules (UID families)
This allows for differentiation between real mutations and errors introduced during the amplification and sequencing process.